Tuberculosis is treated in two phases – an initial phase using at least three drugs and a continuation phase using two drugs in fully sensitive cases. Please see BNF for further information.
- Tablets 50mg, 100mg
- ElixirSF 50mg/5ml (unlicensed preparation) (For use within Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust)
- Capsules 150mg, 300mg
- Syrup 100mg/5ml
- Infusion 600mg (with solvent)
- Rifampicin should not be used as monotherapy (except in the case of meningococcal prophylaxis as advised by Public Health) and wherever possible, administered orally.
- Tablets rifampicin 150mg, isoniazid 100mg
- Tablets rifampicin 300mg, isoniazid 150mg
- Tablets rifampicin 120mg, isoniazid 50mg, pyrazinamide 300mg
5. Infections >
5.1 Antibacterial drugs >
5.1.9 Antituberculosis drugs
- First line
- Second line